Mixolumia Press Kit
- Release Date: August 8th, 2020
- Price: $10 USD
- Platforms: Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via itch.io, and Windows PC via Steam
- Developer: davemakes
- Music: davemakes + Josie Brechner + Jasmine Cooper
- Location: Chiba, Japan and NYC
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @davemakes, @visagermusic
- Website: www.mixolumia.com
- Community: Discord
- Soundtrack: Bandcamp
- Devlog: Thread or as a twitter moment
Mixolumia introduces a fresh twist on block-clearing puzzlers. Scintillating visuals and entrancing music respond to your input and evolve as you progress while diamond blocks slide together on a gem-shaped board and explode in glittering chain reactions.
Mixolumia comes with music by davemakes, Josie Brechner, and Jasmine Cooper. Each track has unique sound effects that harmonize with the music, giving the game a totally different feel depending on which song you choose.
Musicians can even create and/or mod their own songs and sound effects for Mixolumia. Check out the dynamic music system documentation to learn more. Check out the many community-made soundpacks on Itch.io and in the Discord.
Switch up Mixolumia’s visuals by selecting from a wide range of lovely color palettes, or create and customize your own.
- Arcade style gameplay
- Dynamic, evolving music
- 6 game modes: Marathon, Endless, Rush, Intense, Relaxed, and the secret Impossible mode
- 40+ color palettes
- Players can create their own color palettes
- Players can create their own music and sound effects
- Accessibility options to disable effects
Press & Reviews:
- Mixolumia is a ridiculously addictive new block puzzler - Andy Kelly, PC Gamer
- Track this rhythm puzzler's development from beginning to end, via Twitter - Natalie Clayton, Rock Paper Shotgun
- A Musical World Of Player Creations Has Popped Up Around Indie Hit Mixolumia - Aron Garst, Gamespot
- Mixolumia: The Video Game Made On Twitter - Paul Tamayo (youtube)
So excited to share a little sneak preview of one of the playable songs I've been working on for @davemakes' upcoming generative music puzzler Mixolumia!— Josie Brechner 🌺🗡 (@visagermusic) July 24, 2020
This one's called Summer Shower. As you level up, a rainstorm slowly moves in through the sound effects and music! 🌤️🌧️🔷🌩️⛈️ pic.twitter.com/F0AEYTBcAG
Dave Hoffman AKA davemakes (they/them) is an American indie game developer living in Chiba, Japan. They created the forthcoming Playdate game Executive Golf DX, and they have contributed art to games like EXTREME MEATPUNKS FOREVER and An Airport for Aliens Currently Run by Dogs.
Josie Brechner (she/they) is a composer, sound designer, audio implementer, and performer working in games and more. She’s worked on over 15 commercial titles of all shapes and sizes with solo devs, indie teams, and console publishers. Her work includes games like Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King, Best Friend Forever, EXTREME MEATPUNKS FOREVER, Gay Monster Kiss Club, and more.
Jasmine Cooper (she/her) is a composer and teacher working in games, animation, and more. Her music has appeared in projects like Frog Fractions: Game of the Decade Edition, Ciel Fledge, Eldritch Hunter, and Gigabuster.